Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, Monday, Monday

You know... Monday mornings have ALWAYS been a nice slow time for me. They are the perfect way to re-wind from the whirlwind of the weekends! So what does a "normal" Monday look like for me?

I usually plan on sleeping in on Monday's. I leave the house at 9:30am on Sunday's and usually don't return until 9 or 10pm. With such a long day on Sunday's, I see it only right to take those extra hours on Monday morning to sleep-in. After waking up, I usually write out a "to-do" list an tackle it before lunch. Things like cleaning up the room, catching up on emails, working on CAIMAS stuff, etc, etc...

Lunch time=2:30/3pm. Once lunch is over, I have just a few short hours before heading over to Hermana Mary's house to go make a home visit. My host sisters are home from school, so I usually try and pull out the Wii or some sort of game for all of us to play. I really have come to enjoy having three younger sisters, and it is such a blessing that I have the chance to live with a family here in Mexico. By the time we get done playing around, it's time for me to head out for a home visit.

5:30pm. I think I've written about my Monday home visits before. They are my favorite part about the work I do here in Mexico. Before, it was hard for me to be a part of the conversations, but now that the Spanish is developing, I can see myself coming "out of the shell" and being more confident to have conversations with others. I LOVE getting to know other women of the church here in Mexico. I wish everyone of you could get to know them as well!

Afterwards, Mary usually takes me out to eat or we watch a movie together. It's also another nice way to be in a relaxing setting after such a long and busy weekend. At the end of the night, I check more of my facebook, emails, and Skype and then lay down for the day.... Another Monday behind me -- "Thank you, Lord, for bringing me to Mexico."

Be Strong in the Lord,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Piedras Negras, Mexico