Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mondays and Celebrations

Mondays are my home visit days. Another sister from the church and I usually take an afternoon to make a visit to someone's home to chat, encourage, and/or study with them. I have come to love Monday's very much, and look forward to the afternoon I have spending my time in relational ministry with others. Sometimes, I can't believe I'm in another country, speaking a totally different language, and actually using my life and example to help and encourage the little piece of the world here in Piedras Negras.

To be honest, I feel so comfortable here. Which is a rare thing to write, because for so long my feelings toward this place pushed me away. I would sit and wonder what it would be like to just leave - but, as I've said since the beginning, there's something amazing about to happen here in Mexico. And, the greatest part is that I have no clue whether it has already happened or not -- but being here for a year has really changed who I am. I feel at peace and comfortable with who I am because I have grown so much in these 12 months - and all the glory goes to our Lord and Savior.

------------------------------------------------------
This month is Mexico's Independence Day month. The colors red, white, and green are suddenly popping up EVERYWHERE.... and, this year marks the 200th year of independence... so I'm expecting a HUGE celebration going on. On the 15th, they have a midnight yell (which I'll be attending) in the plaza in front of City Hall, and then the 16th is a holiday.... where there is probably NO ONE who will be working! I am looking forward to all of the festivities and delicious food!!!!

Be Strong in the Lord,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Piedras Negras, Mexico