Monday, January 24, 2011

training...

CAIMAS training has been going so great so far!

**For those of you who don't know, CAIMAS is a center for handicapped and disabled persons. We have been training every Friday evening from 7-9pm since November.**


This past Friday (the 21st of January), Josue, our director, invited 2 blind people to come in and be taught. We had planned to teach them how to spell their names. (We haven't covered Braille, yet, so we're working on teaching them the normal handwritten letters)

It was such an amazing night! We only had 2 hours worth of time with them, but I'm sure we could have been there all night if they had let us. The great part about last night was that we finished our section over teaching the blind, and Josue is talking about opening the doors of CAIMAS to the visually disabled.

I am so honored to be a part of this team. Even before I came down here, I just knew that something amazing was going to happen down here. It feels so right to be here at this moment. I can only pray that with continued financial support, I can stay here to be a vital part of this ministry.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Piedras Negras, Mexico