Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Facebook msg

So this morning as I'm checking my Facebook I notice I had a very sweet comment left to me by one of the sisters of the Church down here. When I first moved down here, I was asked to help this woman who was sick with her two small girls. I ran errands, played with her daughters, and took them to school. I was still so new that my Spanish was horrible, and she helped me so much with my Spanish. I really look back to those days and thank this woman for what she did for me even while she was sick. So, I wanted to share it with you since it's something to be shared.

RACHEL HAS SIDO UNA GRAN BENDICION PARA TODOS LOS QUE TE CONOCEMOS, BENDENDITO DIOS QUE TE TRAJO A NUESTRA CIUDAD. NO DEJARE DE AGRADECERTE NUNCA EL APOYO QUE ME BRINDASTE CON LO DE MI ENFEREDAD. TE QUIERO MUCHO HERMANITA.

I'm sure that you guys didn't understand one word of that, so I'll translate it the best I can:

Rachel, you have been one great blessing to all of us that have met you. Thank God that he brought you to our city. I will never stop thanking you for the bright and cheerful support that you gave me while I was sick. I love you so much little sister.


I mean.... wow. When you hear words of encouragement like that you can't help but know that they are words that the Lord wanted you to hear. I've had a lot of free time lately, and when that happens I usually start asking myself, "What am I doing here? Am I even making a difference?" To have received this message during a time when I needed it -- all I can say is, "Thanks, God."

Be Strong in the Lord,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Piedras Negras, Mexico