Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday, Beautiful Sunday!

What a fabulous Sunday! Out of all 7 days of the week here in Mexico, my favorite day is Sunday. It is a wonderful way to end these fantastic weekends, and the best way to begin the weekdays! Normally, a Sunday is morning service, lunch with a family or group of people, and evening service. Obviously, with each event comes loads of communion and fellowship. However, this Sunday was beyond special and dear.

Every month or so, our congregation gets together to have one continuous church service from 10am until 4:30pm. We have normal morning service, and afterwards instead of going our separate ways, we join together for a nice "potluck" meal and fellowship together. Afterwards, we have an activity - Bible charades, trivia, etc - and then at 3pm we start the evening service. It had been a while since I had been able to attend one of these continuous services, so I was thrilled for today to arrive.

Since being back from furlough, I haven't had the chance to really fellowship with my dear brothers in Christ. Today, I made the point to fellowship with many of those who I hadn't really talked to or had fellowship with since before my furlough! What a joy it was to spend practically all day with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Afterwards, a few of us young adults got together for a cookout -- carne asada, pico de gallo, sausage, guacamole, Mexican Coca-Cola (I know you're mouth is watering, huh??). And even though I arrived home a tad bit later than curfew (thank the LORD Josue is merciful), I couldn't have asked for a better day. I've got a little small journal where I only write about days that have truly impacted me here in Mexico. I've got to say that tomorrow I'll be writing about Sunday, August 15th, 2010.

Be Strong in the Lord,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Piedras Negras, Mexico